So Kahn has been having breakfasts with longtime shareholders who are on the fence about renewing. There was one yesterday morning. Here are some quotes/takeaways from a reliable source who was there:
1. "We need everything but 4s" -- Kahn basically said that other than Bassy as a backup PG, he doesn't think much of anyone else on the roster.
2. That especially includes Foye (he said that the Foye/Roy trade "may go down as one of the worst in NBA history") -- it does not appear that he thinks too much of our pick 3 years ago.
3. He thinks the team can play in an Orlando style ("inside-out"), but that they need shooters. Interesting, since at the start of last year the one thing we appeared to have a lot of was shooters. He said "I think Miller lost his confidence and he needs to get it back).
4. He acknowledged that the next 16 months are critical and that he thinks it will have to come via trade, not free agency -- he doesn't see most players leaving their current teams given the fact that they can offer more money and with the economy the way it is.
5. He implied that it would still be a while before the coaching situation is resolved.
Ed Note: Sonia has more over at TWolvesBlog. It would be nice if the Wolves had a recording of this event so we didn't have to piece things together that may or may not be 100% accurate. The stuff about Foye and the roster are pretty aggressive.