Here. For those unfamiliar with the site, the podcast player is in the upper right-hand corner.
Some basic things brought up:
- Both he and Simmons think it's more likely that they won't keep Rubio and Flynn
- Both were somewhat skeptical of Rubio coming over this year/wanting to play in MN (Simmons stated in a mailbag last week he thinks Kahn's drafting of Flynn is an obvious sign that Rubio's not playing for the Wolves)
- Both were disappointed that McHale was let go -- Simmons because he thought the team responded well to him and Love because he thought McHale treated him appropriately as compared to Wittman.
- Love said he was a bit disappointed that they were taking a step back this year but liked the guys that were drafted
- Both thought the January run wasn't a fluke but the start of potentially better things and that Jefferson's injury derailed their season
- Love talked about rebounding and how much his instincts and hands benefit him; he said he doesn't like it when players overdribble
- Love said he was very capable of hitting outside shots and that he's been working to be consistent from 15-18 feet and from behind the NBA arc
There's not a lot of surprising or new information in the podcast, but there were some interesting tidbits. Their general discussions about the draft and the season don't surprise me; I think a lot of players give those types of stock answers.