Of particular interest to Wolves fans will be fillers of the perceived holes the team has on the perimeter. Here is a summary of what he sees with free agent shooting guards and small forwards who might be of interest to the Wolves:
- Von Wafer Mini Ben Gordon who needs to prove that last season wasn't a fluke
- Rodney Carney Good athlete, but the only thing he can produce is points
- Morris Almond It didn't click for him in Utah, and it remains to be seen if it happens somewhere else
- Marvin Williams Developed a better 3-ball last season, but low possession usage doesn't bode well
- Josh Childress Better than remembered, young enough, "worse players have gotten big money"
- Linas Kleiza Will have a long NBA career, and could end up as a free agent bargain somewhere
- Matt Barnes Needs to become a better 3-point shooter
Most of the other players are either below replacement level (Cartier Martin?) or out of the Wolves league (Lamar Odom).