John Hollinger wrote a forecast for every team in the league on ESPN, and the Timberwolves' is some of the most positive national coverage the team has gotten in a looong time. He predicts a 33 win season, but has positive things to say.
Here's the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp09/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=TimberwolvesForecast0910.
Some of the highlights:
- Says Jefferson and Love will be a productive frontcourt for the next decade.
- Explains the logic of all our good young point guards: essentially, that if we want we can trade one or two eventually. It's amazing how nobody can understand this.
- Calls Sessions "the most underrated player in the league" and "the steal of the summer."
- "If the core trio of Sessions, Jefferson, and Love stays healthy, they could be much better than people realize."
- "Flynn provides an immediate sensation."
- "If everybody stays healthy, it's possible for the T-Wolves to sneak into the posteason." (!!!)
- Based on the summer's moves and next summer's cap space, "Their time as a doormat appears to be drawing to a close."