How many teams are the Wolves winless against since the KG trade? Answer below the fold.
Nonetheless, my wish for this season is to cut this number by 1/2 to 3/4. That would mean beating 4-6 of these teams. In order, the teams they have the best chance of beating this season:
1. Toronto: duh, but it's weird that they've gone the longest without beating this franchise; they haven't beaten the Raptors since they swept the 03-04 season series.
3. Houston: mainly because they're the worst of the West teams on this list and the Wolves have more chances to beat them than they do Atlanta.
4. Portland: see previous reason
5. San Antonio: see previous reason
6. Atlanta: the Hawks may be in turmoil, but the Wolves play them fewer times, and their style of play seems to be a bad fit against such an athletic team
7. Boston: mainly because the Celtics are more likely to lose when they're disinterested and because they're more likely to be disinterested. I think pace of play could also facilitate such an upset.
8. L.A. Lakers: not since Mark Blount drained multiple 3s in the final 2 minutes in the pre-Gasol era has this occurred, and despite the Wolves' ability to beat good West teams last year and their familiarity with the Lakers' team and offense, it doesn't seem likely.
What say you? Which teams are they more/less likely to break the schneid against?
How many of the 8 teams the Wolves haven't beaten since the KG trade will they beat this season?
0-2: let's be realistic (13 votes)
4: seems realistic since Toronto and Cleveland are gimmes (59 votes)
6: they were able to knock off good teams last year (21 votes)
8: let's be optimistic (11 votes)
104 total votes