Yesterday- Marked the 18 Month Anniversary of one of the most disputed posts in Canis History. The proposed Kevin Love and 6th Pick for Greg Oden trade. This post made me an object of scorn on Blazers Edge. I even remember someone posted a Fan Post asking what the level of hatred for Jose Cordoba was on Blazers Edge. I was called "Delusional" It was suggested I get a Lobotomy.
The Goodness is found over here. I couldn't even make it through the whole thing-
http://www.canishoopus.com/2009/6/8/903125/trade-for-greg-oden I doubt we'd see the same degree of lipiness as Portland's Potential Dynasty seems to be collasping.
1. Kevin Love is better than Lamarcus Aldridge. At this point in time it's a pretty commonly held view.
PER- K.Love- 23.52 vs LMA 16.91
TS%- K.Love- 55.6 vs LMA 49.4 (This will probably rise in LMA's case a bit)
2. Greg Oden is a Massive Injury Risk not worth the Sixth Pick plus Kevin Love
3. Kevin Love will develop more shooting range as time goes on.
4. Perhaps the Highlight was the Counter Post on Blazers Edge where a Disgruntled Wolves Fan called OJ Mayo an "Amazing Talent". It's almost as good as LMA being called a "Special Talent"
5. It's debatable whether Stephen Curry will be an All-Star. What I can say is Curry would be huge for the 2010-2011 Wolves. Whose late-game offense often involves Bassy and Ridnour trying to create Offense for themselves.
6. The Wolves are still not good. Although the way they've been losing games (Lot of large, blown leads) actually suggests improvement that will revert back to mean eventually. My thoughts are this edition of the Wolves are closer to a 27-30 win Team than 17-20 win team.