Long but very very interesting interview with Kahn on many issues: if you are interested in the wolves, I suggest you read the interview in its entirety.
a few of many key points:
1) Pekovic is similar to Al in playing with back to the basket and limited length. But adds much more strength than both Al and Kevin. Khan not sure about his defense.
2) Expects $13 to $14 million of cap space.
3) wants to see who we get in draft (up to 3 picks) before deciding on free agents needs.
4) Not trading core before trade deadline - my reading between the lines later this includes - Al, Kevin, Flynn, Brewer, Rubio, Gomes, Sessions
5) Has initiated no trade discussions about Al or any of the core.
6) Future "exclusive" use of triangle is very overstated. We will be a fast breaking team that also passes well. We will use the talents of our players. So post moves by guys like Al, pick and role and even isolation for wings if we had that type of player. We want our offense to be a passing offense at its core, but not limited to that. We will find ways to use the talent of players on the team.
7) Kahn surprised Sessions hasn't played more. Rambis using Sessions minutes as means to influence flynn's behavior.
8) Thinks Pekovic can play in the NBA now, but not clear if Wolves have minutes for him.
9) Says we are 2 or 3 years from playoff team and 3 or 4 years from being one of the best in the league. [My feeling he is setting expectations that he hopes we can exceed.]
10) Gomes is a good rotation player for a very good team. Not clear he is more than that. Might be traded this summer to bring in other talent depending on what we get in draft [my interpretation of what he said.]
11) Expects to have at least four new faces next summer.
12) thinks there is lots of talent in the draft at wing and athletic big man, so our needs in the draft can be met.
13) Wants to see who we are as a team in last 30 games. Can we keep improving as shown by our recent 4 game winning streak. Thinks jefferson playing much better in last 6 weeks. Brewer making big strides. Flynn learning, Kevin has been good all season. Wants to see if team has truly turned a corner with recent play. If we play well, we could also help attract free agents.
14) thinks its a very deep draft
15) no regrets about letting Lawson go. [again my reading between the lines.] Lawson is a fine player, but Flynn has more upside and we also had Rubio.
Again, I recommend reading the full interview, so you can make your own interpretations. I also didn't cover everything.