I was listening to some sports talk this morning. The host was a fill-in, his name was something like Rod Gardner (sorry not sure). He is either a Wolves season ticket holder or in some other way got invited to one of those Kahn chats early last week. If you can find a podcast, he discussed the Kahn chat this morning around 8:15-8:30. Kahn said some pretty interesting things, a few even matching up with what some of you have been bringing up lately. If you were at the meeting, give me a little slack if I don't have things perfect here, what I heard was on a Sunday morning so it's already been a while, and he admits he was paraphrasing after a few days as well. That said, I'll get the main points correct.
These are things Kahn apparently said:
1. He's not looking to blow up the team this summer, but will if necessary and opportunities present themselves.
2. Kahn admits either he evaluated Jefferson wrong last summer, or Jefferson has regressed. He now looks at Big Al as a #3, and feels he now needs to bring in a #1 and a #2. I find this interesting because as PD has frequently mentioned, Big Al is paid a lot, and if Kahn now sees him as a #3, then he is now more expendable.
3. Kahn on Corey Brewer...(paraphrasing) - Those people who think Corey is a great defender aren't seeing what I am seeing. He then gave a little more detail that I can't remember. Several posters have been asking this question lately, I think Kahn just validated your concerns.
4. Kahn still likes Jonny Flynn...however, he is wondering if this is the right system for Flynn. Kahn then said if he moves Flynn, it's not because he doesn't think he can play, but that he needs to be in a different system. SNP...I heard that cheer!
5. Kahn still likes Love. He has some real gifts on the floor, but Kahn did mention he needs to get better finishing around the rim.
My take, Kahn is still committed to the system, hence the Flynn comments. Jefferson and Flynn are probably at the top of the list to get moved if they bring enough in return. Perhaps the reason Love is playing less is Rambis wants to send him a message because he wants him around long term, and the fact that Jefferson proves he can play 35 MPG makes him easier to trade.