Until the wolves acquire a legitimate center, they should roll with Kevin Love at center. For the roster that the team has, it makes WAY too much sense. Yes, he is not the optimal defender at that position. But I believe that most of the time he would hold his own and do AT LEAST as good of a job defending centers compared to others on the roster. If during a game we see that we are struggling defensively protecting the rim or getting man handled by an all star center, then we switch things up. But I think to START the game, KL needs to be in the pivot. And here are the reasons...
1. 3 point shooting - You think KL makes a lot of 3's now? Wait till plodding centers try to D him up on the perimeter. Can you say mismatch?
2. Opens up the middle - Related to point number 1, when KL drags the opposing center to the perimeter, that opens up the middle for everyone else.
3. Best Players On Court - Putting KL at center would allow us to start DWill at the 4, Beas at the 3, ??? at the 2 (separate thread required), and of course Rubio at 1.
4. Randolph will benefit - Face it. He's not a center. He's 6-11 with handles and athleticism. Let him sub at the 4.
5. Wes J playing the 3 - He can play at his more natural position, the 3, since DWill will primarily be a 4.
I like what JJ brings to the table, just not sure he should be a starter. Optimally I'd like to see him dominate the ball with the 2nd team and get significant minutes. We flat out need a legit 2 guard, period. Maybe Malcolm Lee will show something, who knows. Thoughts?