Every Wolves related chat (ESPN, Hoopsworld) seems to indicate that Rambis is not getting the most out of this roster. Glen seemed to fire a little shot recently Rambis' way as well, about supporting him but expecting more wins in the 2nd half of the season. The last two games have not been very competitive in front of Glen and the home crowd.
I have a bad feeling that the Clips roll tonight despite Gordon being out. If the Wolves come out flat and lose by 15+, do things get dicey? I'm not hoping for it, but just wondering.
The Clippers and Jazz have been the death knell for the past few Wolves coaches fired mid-season:
- Dec 8, 2008 - Witt fired after ugly loss to Clippers
- January 23, 2007 - Casey fired after ugly loss to Utah Jazz
- February 12, 2005 - Saunders fired after ugly loss to Utah Jazz
- Immediately following this game, the Wolves are @ MIL, then home vs. MEM, NOL, and GS. Not easy games, but potentially winnable.
- Starting March 9, the Wolves are vs IND, vs UTA, @GS, @ UTA. Again not easy, but the Wolves have played well at times vs. UTA.
I think the most likely event is that Rambis is let go mid-year next year due to the fact that he has 2 more guarenteed years left. But I'm guessing pressure is going to build if the Wolves don't start winning more games vs. mediocre opponents.