It seems to be an appropriate time to round up the greatest gaffes uttered by the Timberwolves POBO, if for nothing more than posterity.
Our friend Flagrant gets it popping:
Let's count the hits: July 2010 - Present
1. On television argument with Chris Weber during Summer League broadcast. Donkey Kahn contending that the careers of Vlade Divac and Chris Weber (both who earned NBA Championship rings) are very similar to the trajectory of Darko;
2. With a couple weeks and ample time to deliberate, Kahn goes on radio with Reusse and calls Chris Weber an “expletive”;
3. Then the in-season projections of All Star futures for Jonny Flynn and Darko;
4. Then the “show of hand” (raise your hands if your Sure) about how Donkey Kahn raised the talent level of the Wolves (as evidenced with a 17-win season);
5. Then the latest buffoonery at the NBA Lottery.
And then Wile E. Coyote weighs in with:
You didn't even mention
The big ‘singular’ move (hint hint – for an ALL STAR type player! – hint hint) that was supposed to happen by the deadline a few months ago
The 5 windows or 7 1/2 windows or whatever of opportunity during which he was going to assemble the club. I think that was a few windows ago and we still have a team with 4 PFs and not much else.
Hollins is breathtakingly athletic. Sessions is a very good young PG. (whoops, guess that was a rather temporary opinion)
We can definitely attact a very good free agent during the summer of 2010 with our cap space.
But there are more--so many, many more. Please add your favorites in the comments below, and we'll assemble a final list (maybe even "with poll!') to forward to the Library of Congress.
What dumb thing do you remember David Kahn saying?