The last week or so has been amazing. I am more optimistic about the Wolves than I have been in many years, and I don't think I'm alone.
Moving forward, this feeling will quickly fade if not supplemented by the right front office moves this summer and some wins this fall.
What do you view as the major items on a "big picture" to do list? I'll list mine below.
First, the completed items list. It is always a morale-booster to see some crossed-off items:
Completed To Dos
Sign Rubio Acquire a difference maker with the #2 pick, either via a drafted player or good trade
Now on to the remaining to do items over the next 6 months or so:
- Resolve lockout (not in Kahn's control but necessary to move forward)
- Replace Rambis with a coach that fits the roster and can teach defense
- Sign Love to an extension.
- Honestly assess whether Wes or Webster is a starting quality SG. If not, move assets to acquire one.
- Honestly assess whether AR is a starting quality C. If not, move assets to acquire one.
- Assess rebalanced roster and determine if veteran help needed. Beware adding vets who won't play or will steal minutes from young players than need them to develop.