After seeing this article on Grantland, it got me thinking about who the Wolves should drop. In order to make this post long enough, I'll also include who I'd like to see dropped from other teams and see the Wolves pick up.
This list isn't necessarily in order:
- Joe Johnson: There are legitimate reasons why this should happen, but it won't. (Weirdly, I wrote this before reading Abrams' description that is almost exactly the same.) Even so, what a great fit it'd be for the right price.
- Rip Hamilton: He's a 2. Other than that, I think he's a pariah and an overrated quitter.
- Emeka Okafor: Serviceable bigs are hard to find
- Ronny Turiaf: See previous.
- Josh Childress: Uh, his skills might be a good fit?
- Jose Calderon: He might be a better fit than Ridnour as long as the dynamic between he and Rubio is healthy rather than unhealthy.
- Brandon Roy: Again, he's a 2, and who knows how much he might have left?
- Memo Okur: Bigs are hard to find, and could you imagine having a 4 and 5 with deep range?
- Brendan Haywood: Bigs are hard to find.
If there is an amnesty clause, who should the Wolves drop?
Darko (Jonathan Abrams' pick) (207 votes)
Beasley (16 votes)
Pek (40 votes)
Ridnour (4 votes)
Webster (Simmons' pick) (23 votes)
Other (explain in comments) (24 votes)
314 total votes