My Canis Comrades, your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to name all the people in this photo and tell me when and where it was taken. No looking up uniform numbers - you are on the honor system, my friends.
To be honest, I don't have all the answers myself. Here are some hints to get you started:
- Fred Smoot is not aboard
- This is not the 1953 team at Lake Calhoun
- One guy had been clotheslined a few years earlier by a future Wolves GM
- One guy was a U of W Badger
- One guy is the letter "A" away from sharing a name with a former T'wolves center
- One guy played "Man Stuck in Car" on Emergency!
- One guy was the Timberwolves' color analyst (and I don't mean analyzing skin pigmentation)
- One guy went to Canisius College (no relation to this website... maybe there should be)
- One guy's name is an anagram of "I Ran Bad Ranch"; he played 91 minutes, scoring 65 points for MN
- One guy's the only person to win a championship in the NBA, WNBA, and NBA Development League
- One guy began and ended his NBA career a virgin (paging Poor Dick!)
- One guy played on Panathinaikos long before Pek
- One guy is now a pastor in Florida
- One guy is the only #1 overall draft pick to be chosen by a reigning NBA championship team.
- Bonus: which team member is missing from this picture? His name is perfect for a marginal basketball player.
Have at it!