In my last post there were allegations that I use an internet app to find anagrams, a charge to which I vigorously plead guilty. So, this one time only, I am reverting to the old do-it-by hand method. I have to say, I like the anagram I came up with for the name of the player being profiled herein. It's a nice nod to a Timberwolf past.
Alas, Wally Szczerbiak never got to play with Corey Williams.
Today's Quiz: Corey Williams Trivia
- Despite not having played football since junior high, CW was drafted in the 12th round by what NFL team?
- How many Timberwolves have had the last name Williams?
- How many Timberwolves were named Corey?
- Corey Williams played in the CBA in 1994 for the Oklahoma _____________(fill in the blank)
- Williams played on a 10-day contract for MN in 93-94. How many minutes did he play while scoring 11 points over four games?
- Williams went from the Wolves to the Grand Rapid Mackers. WTF is a Macker?
- From there, Williams went to play for the Dacin Tigers in what country?
- What position did Williams play?
- When his playing days ended, Williams became an assistant coach. 2000-2007 at Oral Roberts; since 2007 he has been an assistant for which university?
- What # did Williams wear for MN?
- How many NBA Championship rings does Williams have?
The answers after the jump.The answers:
- Kansas City Chiefs.
- Four: Corey, Derrick, Micheal, Sheldon.
- Two. Brewer and Williams.
- The team was owned for a few years by the guys who run the Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament; Gus Macker being an alias for Scott McNeal, the organization's founder.
- Taiwan. I will accept "Free China" as an acceptable alternative.
- Point guard.
- One. He was a second round pick of the Bulls and lasted one season with Chicago, playing in the backcourt with Jordan during the championship season of 1992-93.
Corey Williams hugs his old OSU coach, Eddie Sutton.