Here's a quarterly WP48 report on the Wolves. WP48 is a per minute statistic based on what wins NBA games (wins produced per 48 mins). The higher the better. An average player should have a WP48 of 0.100. A team of 5 average players playing 48 minutes will accumulate a total of .5 Wins in a game, and over a season, should win ~50% of their games. For more on Wins Produced and WP48, go here: http://wagesofwins.com/wins-produced/how-to-calculate-wins-produced/
These stats are from www.thenbageek.com; thanks for the great resource!
The season is 66 games, so that's 33 for a half, and 16/17 for a quarter. Here's the Wolves WP48 breakdown at the 16 game mark:
- Rubio is great, and Williams also playing really good for a rookie.
Kevin Love is playing good, but not even close to last years efficiency.
Wayne Ellington playing surprisingly well at the 2 for the Wolves at this point.
- Wes is so-so, and Beasley is just awful. He's really killing the team at this point.
Now lets look at the second quarter of the season. ("Diff" is difference in WP48 from 1st quarter of the season vs. the 2nd quarter.) Games 17-33 (for 17 games total):
2nd Quarter of the season Noteworthy WP48 points:
- Pek has been INSANELY good and pek-fficient. He's carrying the team up as most of the other players are bringing them down.
- Rubio has played worse. There, I said it. Teams are coming after him and he hasn't been as great. Can he pick it up?
- Williams has struggled with fewer minutes and hesitant play in the 2nd quarter of the season. He's shown he can have really good games as well.
- Wes and Luke have played worse (with significant minutes) as the season has gone on :(.
- Love has been getting better, but still not to last year's awesomeness. I'd love to have Love from last year (more Rebounds, less 3PA).
- Beasley has been good! Wow, that's good news - unless we trade him. He's picked up his play as he's taken on a kind of 6th man role. He's trying to pass the ball more and it's showing up in better efficiency. Good job Mike.
And here's the season totals for the Wolves:
Here's most of those numbers in table format for easy copy/paste:
|TOTAL 33 Games||1st||16||GMs||2nd||17||GMs|
Thanks for reading.