So the Wolves are without our superstar Kevin Love for 2 games. We've hashed and rehashed such topics of whether or not it was avoidable, the definition of a stomp and if 2 games was too long of a suspension (cough Bynum cough). Now it's time to have some fun as two players the Wolves have gone out and acquired in the last year will play. Aaron Randolph courtesy of our part in the Melo deal, and number 2 draft pick Derick Williams. For posterity sake (and bragging rights) make your predictions below.
- Wolves go 1-1, defeating Sacramento but losing to a physical Memphis team.
- Ricky Rubio records his first 20 point game (and throws in 12 assists for good measure)
- Derick Williams starts, plays 30 minutes at PF and gives us good production (16 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block) against Sac, but is totally stymied by the Grizzlies.
- Randolph the Grey has his way with 3 Rubioops in 2 games/ 40 minutes but is pulled early in the Memphis game because he's not physical enough. Adelman rolls with a Center/PF combo consisting of 2 of Darko/Pek/Miller with a little Williams thrown in.
- Marc Gasol gives props to the eastern bloc in his postgame comments, specifically Pek.
- My man with the FroHawk drops 24 on Sacramento with 5 3 pointers and some nice cuts. He plays well and the #FreeMartelWebster twitter campaign begins! (Disclaimer: I have irrational love for Martel the way CynicalJason roots for Pek) .... this eventually leads to him starting in place of Wes Johnson at the 3.