First of all, I want to say that this game was a blast. It was my first Wolves game in 5 years (for reasons you can probably understand), and I came away thinking this needs to happen more than once every 5 years. Also, I am writing this with a very heavy heart (and I think you know why). Thoughts and prayers to Ricky in hopes of a speedy recovery. Now, some observations from my seat in section 109:
- Great atmosphere.
- Really good crowd considering they had to fight the state hockey tournament for attendance.
- So much for the Pau Gasol trade.
- The bandwagon Laker fans are extremely annoying.
- Los Locos are very entertaining. Great addition.
- Metta World Peace is living in 1985. Holy short shorts.
- The Pups proved they can compete without Love in the lineup.
- Derrick Williams needs to see more minutes, even when Love returns.
- Michael Beasley can take over a game when he wants to.
- Keywords: WHEN HE WANTS TO.
- Pek has the worst hands I've seen since Troy Williamson.
- To answer my question in my preview of the game...yes, Steve Blake is as ugly in person as he is on TV.
- The Wolves organization is really desperate for people to buy season tickets.
- Rubio's ACL probably won't help that cause.
- Wes seems to be...dare I say it...finding his stroke?
- With Luke Ridnour now moving to PG, the Wolves MUST make a trade in the next 5 days.
This is the kind of adversity that the Wolves need to face down the stretch of this season. If they make it through and go to the playoffs, I don't think anyone can question them anymore.