This weekend's updates below the fold:
- The Wolves unveiled their top-10 plays of the past year.
- Ben Polk at A Wolf Among Wolves takes a look at Darko Milicic.
- The Lynx' Amber Harris is expected to miss 2-3 weeks after suffering a sprained ankle in the team's first preseason game against Connecticut.
Around the NBA
- LeBron James of the Miami Heat was awarded the 2011-12 NBA MVP. The rest of the top-5 finalists were Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Tony Parker. Kevin Love finished 6th.
- Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers will be named 2011-12 NBA Rookie of the Year.
- HoopsHype takes a look at some of the best pictures from the postseason so far.
- The owner of the Atlanta Hawks was fined 35K for calling out the officials.
- In an interview with ABC's Lisa Salters, NBA Commissioner David Stern said that it is time to take a closer look at flopping.
- Steve Perrin of Clips Nation takes a look to see whether Blake Griffin really deserves the reputation of flopper.
NBA Playoff Recap
- The Boston Celtics came back from a double-digit deficit to defeat the Philadelphia 76ers in Game 1 of their conference semi-final.
- In Game 7 at the STAPLES Center, the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Denver Nuggets 96-87.
- When Metta World Peace was asked if he would find James Harden and shake his hand before the Lakers' first game against Oklahoma City, he replied, "I don't shake substitutions' hands."
- The Los Angeles Clippers outscored the Memphis Grizzlies by 11 in the 4th quarter and won their Game 7, 82-72. They will face the San Antonio Spurs in the conference semi-finals.
- LeBron James had 32 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists, and the Miami Heat defeated the Indiana Pacers in Game 1, 95-86.
- Dwyane Wade had a great block on Indiana's Paul George