Updates below the fold:
- The Minnesota Lynx will play their 2nd preseason game of the year today at noon at Williams Arena. The Lynx will take on the Chicago Sky.
- Did you know Ricky Rubio has his own YouTube channel?
Around the NBA
- Oklahoma City's James Harden won the 2011-12 Kia NBA Sixth Man Award. He received 115 of a possible 119 first place votes. Louis Williams of Philadelphia (3) and Taj Gibson of Chicago (1) were the only other players to receive first place votes.
- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee sent a letter on Friday to the Golden State Warriors saying that he would like to bring the team to San Fran in time for the 2017-17 season.
- Myles Brown of SLAM Online breaks down the myth of Kobe Bryant.
- After an MRI today, the Miami Heat said that Chris Bosh will be out indefinitely with an abdominal strain. LeBron James said that he is preparing to finish this series without Bosh.
- Bomani Jones spoofs the Knicks dropping confetti for a Game 4 win against the Miami Heat in the 1st round.
- Blazer's Edge breaks down Luke Babbitt.
- The Philadelphia 76ers defeated the Boston Celtics in a close-to-unwatchable game, 82-81. The series is tied at 1-1 heading to Philly.
- Kevin Garnett was called for a moving screen late in the game, which helped to seal the victory for the Sixers. Reaction to the play from KG and Evan Turner.
- Cole Aldrich played 9 minutes last night. That's all you really have to say to know what happened in the Oklahoma City Thunder-Los Angeles Lakers game. The Thunder destroyed L.A. by a score of 119-90.
- Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook combined for 52 points on 31 shots.
- Aldrich also had this nice put-back slam.