Updates below the fold:
- The Minnesota Lynx defeated the Chicago Sky 82-61 in a preseason game at the U of M Sports Pavilion. Monica Wright led the Lynx with 14 points on 6-of-9 shooting.
- Nikola Pekovic had surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle. The team said the surgery was a success.
- The Indiana Pacers tied up their series with the Miami Heat after winning 78-75.
- The game-tying shot for the Miami Heat went to...Mario Chalmers?
- Dwyane Wade took issue with how the Indiana Pacers celebrated after the game. And Wade knows a thing or two about celebrations.
- After the San Antonio Spurs were in control for most of the night and won 108-92 over the Los Angeles Clippers in Game 1.
- Tiago Splitter and Gary Neal made this commercial.
Around the NBA
- TNT's Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal had a "Shirt-Off" last night.
- Kobe Bryant says, "I'm not taking charges. I figured that (stuff) out at an early age."
- Kendrick Perkins will be a game-time decision for the Oklahoma City Thunder tonight. He has a right hip muscle strain.
- Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle agreed to terms on a four-year extension.
- The NBA Players Union is seeking arbitration over the bird rights to Jeremy Lin, Steve Novak, Chauncey Billups and J.J. Hickson.
- Manny Pacquaio said in an interview that gay men should be put to death.
- Former NBA coach John Carroll was asked to write some columns for ESPN.com. Except Carroll decided to plagiarize those columns from a San Antonio Spurs message board.