Today's updates below the fold:
- The Wolves announced a two-game 2012 Target Center preseason schedule. They will play Maccabi Bazan Haifa of the Israeli Basketball Super League on Tuesday, October 16th; and will play the Chicago Bulls on Saturday, October 13th.
- Benjamin Polk writes about Anthony Randolph for A Wolf Among Wolves.
- Mark Remme discusses the inside presence and defense of the Minnesota Lynx.
Around the NBA/WNBA
- Kristi Toliver of the Los Angeles Sparks set a new WNBA record for turnovers in one game with 14...then managed to hit the game-winning three pointer to defeat the Tulsa Shock 76-75.
- In an NBA Players Poll, players voted on their favorite announcer. The winner? Charles Barkley.
- Tom Ziller of SB Nation takes a look at the NBA Draft Lottery and high hopes for this year's draft.
- The Los Angeles Clippers announced that the team has exercised its option on Vinny Del Negro to return for a third season as head coach.
- The Heat are not fazed by Rajon Rondo's "tough talk" after Game 1.
- Jonas Valanciunas may be closer to joining the Toronto Raptors.
NBA Playoff Recap
- The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder 120-111 to take a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference Finals. Tony Parker scored 34 points and 8 assists and Manu Ginobili added 20. Kevin Durant led the Thunder with 31 points. The win was the Spurs 20th consecutive victory.
- Aaron McGuire of Gothic Ginobili writes a very entertaining piece about some Ginobili statistics.
- Henry Abbott of TrueHoop looks at how Tony Parker has changed his game for the better.