Updates below the fold:
- The Minnesota Lynx defeated the Tulsa Shock 93-73 on Saturday night. The Lynx are still undefeated at 9-0, while the Shock are still winless at 0-8.
- In case you didn't like my take on Quincy Miller, the folks at Timberwolves.com also broke down his game.
Around the NBA
- The Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) is expected to announce new mandatory background screening for all adult coaches, volunteers and staff.
- Memphis Grizzlies' owner Michael Heisley said that the team is "not looking to trade Rudy Gay. We're not shopping him around. Period."
- In case you missed it, the Miami Heat closed out the Boston Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, 101-88. This was, in my opinion, an instant classic. Rajon Rondo had a triple-double (22-14-10) and LeBron had 31.
- The game drew the highest preliminary television rating for an NBA playoff game on cable since records started being kept in 2003.
- The NBA Finals start at 8 PM CST on Tuesday night and will be shown on ABC.
- Did the loss mean the end of the Big 3 era in Boston?
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino got some of the names wrong. "KJ" and "Hondo".
- A couple of previews of Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder from Peninsula is Mightier and Welcome to Loud City.