Here's the link to the list of nominees.
My hypothetical votes would go as follows:
- Among players, Gary Payton.
- Among players, Bernard King.
- Among coaches, Jack Curran.
- Among International Committee, Vlade Divac.
- Among ABA Committee, George McGinnis.
- Among Contributors Committee, Jim Valvano.
- Among Veterans Committee, Holcombe Rucker.
- Among Early African-American Pioneers Committee, Nat "Sweetwater" Clifton.
- Among Women's Committee, Dawn Staley.
Those are my 9 choices. Had Jo Jo White been nominated, I'd've had an even ten votes.* But alas, he got screwed over once more; it's goddamn bullshit.
So, with that noted, who do y'all believe ought to be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame this year? I'm curious as to what you guys think about this.
*Edit: Y'know what? Screw it! I'm making it an even ten by casting one last hypothetical vote, which is for Robert Hughes. I possess a colossal amount of respect for high school coaches; therefore, Hughes -- as with Curran above -- deserves to be bestowed the honor of being enshrined in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Shoot, I sure hope the North American Committee recognizes that.