The wheels are wobbling so wildly on the Timberwolves bandwagon these days that many passengers have jumped off. Those remaining gripe about the lack of shock absorbers as we jolt over bumps and dip into potholes. We're crawling along like it's rush hour during construction season. It's the low point of the season.
I, however, remain optimistic. Let's take a break from worrying about every potential problem and spend a few minutes doing something fun - if, like me, you are a fan of FX's "Justified." As I watched a new episode last night, I realized there are some parallels between my favorite show and my favorite NBA squad.
Both are tension filled yet amusing; both take place every winter season.
There are some personnel similarities as well. I ask your help to complete or correct my casting:
- Raylon Givens/Kevin Love - Can be a pain in the ass but gets the job done better than anyone else.
- Art/Adelman - Man in charge, wily and experienced.
- Tim/Bud - Sharpshooters whom we don't see as often as we wish.
- Rachel/M. Lee - Could be good, but don't see enough to really know.
- Arlo/Glen - Senior member, responsible for most of the problems.
- Wynn Duffy/David Kahn - Too slick for his own good.
- That big guy last night who won the bare knuckles fight/Pek - Strong as a bear.
- Constable Bob/Lou - Comic relief.
- Boyd Crowder/D-Will - Yin to Raylon/Love's yang; nice smile.
- Johnny Crowder/Brandon Roy - Useless legs.
Hmmm... this is starting to break down. Please chime in!