- The Timberwolves will finally play the Spurs for the first time this season in San Antonio. Presumably the AT&T Center won't burn down before the game.
- For those of you who haven't seen it, an article about Kevin Love from this week's Sports Illustrated.
- Here's something meaningless I found when playing around with the nba.com player tracking stats: guess who leads the Wolves in rebounds per chance (defined as being within 3.5 ft. of a rebound)? Yep, you got it. Kevin Martin.
- Other random stuff from nba.com: Ricky Rubio is 2nd in the league in FT assists (what it sounds like), 3rd in hockey (secondary) assists, and 2nd in points created from assists/48.
- Yet more Rubio player tracking: everyone hates his pull-up jumper, but it turns out that among players who take at least one pull-up per game (outside 10ft.), he's about middle of the pack in terms of fg% and efg%. It's not a good shot for anyone, though.
- Jerry Zgoda article on Pek's jumper.
- And the Blazers keep winning, over Houston last night. LMA had a Lovian 30 and 25.
1577: Sir Francis Drake sets sail from England to circumnavigate the globe
1636: The forerunner of the U.S. National Guard is formed by the people of Massachusetts Bay to defend against the Pequot Indians.
1833: HMS Beagle arrives in Patagonia
1843: Dickens' A Christmas Carol is published.
1920: International Court of Justice founded in the Hague.
2000: Al Gore gives concession speech in contested presidential election.