The Wolves actually won last night by outshooting an opponent! That doesn't happen too often. Other things I didn't point out in the recap:
- Corey Brewer with 12 boards. Clearly a decision not to have him run out; I suspect the coaches were worried about giving up too many offensive rebounds to a physical Memphis team.
- Kevin Martin was hurting last night, and Rick Adelman chose not to put him back in the game in the 4th quarter. We'll see if he goes tonight, but the Wolves can't be without him for too long.
- Pek is rolling along. 18+ points in nine straight games. 4.5 offensive rebounds a game in that stretch too.
- The Suns continue to roll, much to my surprise. They beat Golden State last night to move to 14-9. Everyone is shooting career bests for that team, so either Hornacek is a genius or there's been some good luck in Phoenix.
- So does Portland, who won in overtime in Detroit. They score. I'm still trying to figure it out, but their 3 point shooting seems to be driving it. 21-4.
- The East lost another two games to the West last night. Teams over .500: East-2, West-9.
1707: Last recorded eruption of Mt. Fuji, Japan
1773: Boston Tea Party protest against British taxes
1893: Dvorak's New World Symphony premeires