You can listen to Flip on the air with Dan Barreiro here.
A few points he made:
- Moving up for a guy in their "top box" of players is possible, but likely expensive.
- He won't move up a couple of spots; he's convinced that at least one of the "box" of players they have identified for the 9th pick will still be there at 9.
- He mentioned having 4 players in that box. We might speculate on who those players are: McCollum, Caldwell-Pope, Zeller...or you know, none of the above. WHO IS IN HIS BOX?!?
- He said they wanted AK back, though it seemed a bit unenthusiastic. Not clear whether he would even engage Kirilenko in talks if he opts out.
- The FO has done multiple mock drafts all the way through the second round in order to be prepared for contingencies.
- He thought Pop not having Duncan on the floor for the last play of game 6 made sense, because the risk of having Duncan switched onto LeBron James was too high.
- On the other hand, he said he would have fouled immediately in that situation (up 3, 10 seconds left), and played a free throw shooting contest.
- He talked up Derrick Williams. Of course.