I was going to do a piece on the Wolves draft history, but two things:
First, it was just too depressing. Second, with Flip now in charge, it just didn't seem particularly relevant.
Instead, let me recap today's Flip Saunders presser, and mention some of today's rumors:
- Flip emphasized that while they need shooting, they are looking for a complete player
- While Rubio makes players better, they also need players who can make Rubio better.
- Doesn't see anyone in this draft who will be an all-star first two years.
- Likes both KCP and McCollum: McCollum a better scorer/more range, KCP has size advantage.
- Tony Mitchell was in to work out today; last workout prior to the draft.
- Some trade talks, but nothing particularly appealing at the moment. Expects things to heat up Wednesday and Thursday.
- Derrick Williams would be a top 3 pick in this draft.
- Advanced stats are "information confirmation." Which I take to mean ignorable if they don't conform to what you already believe.
- Said "Muscala would go #1" if all we went by was stats.
Seemed like time for a new thread.
EDIT: Couple of other notes:
Rick Adelman is in town for the rest of the week, so that's good.
Informal Wolves workouts happening in L.A.: Love, Rubio, Budinger, Williams. Johnson.