- Gorgui Dieng was named Western Conference rookie of the month for March following his breakout stretch. During the month he averaged 8 and 8, but really took off when he entered the starting lineup at mid-month. In the nine games since (6 starts), he's averaged 12 and 12 in 29 minutes a game while shooting 64%. It's been great to see him improve and gain confidence. All of a sudden, he's a pretty valuable player with a fantastic contract. Some good news.
- The Wolves look like the will be without Nikola Pekovic, who reinjured his ankle against the Clippers the other day. No word on when or whether he'll return this year, but JerryZ reports that Ronny Turiaf looks like he'll actually get back out there, possibly as soon as tonight against Memphis.
- Speaking of the Grizzlies, they reamain in a tight battle with the Suns and Mavericks for the last two playoff spots in the West. Currently a half game separates the three teams after Dallas lost a heartbreaker to Golden State in overtime.
- If you are watching the game tonight and wondering about the Wolves blue jerseys, it is for autism awareness.
- 1800: Beethoven's First Symphony premeires
- 1865: Jefferson Davis flees Richmond
- 1872: Gas powered engine patented by George Brayton
- 1917: Jeanette Rankin (Montana) begins her term as first woman in House of Representatives
- 1982: Argentinian forces seize the Falkland Islands