Hey guys. It has been nothing but doom and gloom around here, and rightly so in my opinion, but I really miss getting to celebrate some optimism, and have missed having a Feel Good Friday post around here. I hope you'll indulge me in creating one, and that you'll dig deep and find what good things we can say about our sad, dysfunctional, beloved team. Here's what I got for you:
On the subject of Kevin Love:
- History suggests that it is impossible to get relative value back in trading a star player. While this makes complete sense, we have to remember its not a crappy deal until we know its a crappy deal. The number 6 pick in this draft could turn out to be a GREAT player. However unlikely, it is actually possible to improve our team.
- Kevin Love is only a top 10 player if he's healthy. Kevin has been relatively durable, but he's a guy who takes a lot of banging and has a penchant for odd injuries, and is pretty skinny compared to lot of guys that he matches up against. Its possible that we've gotten the best version of KLove already. Not likely, but possible.
- For those of you who enjoy sour grapes, here's a good story for you. I had the pleasure a few years ago to spend a summer learning German, where I met a beautiful redhead. As we got to know each other I mentioned that I was from Minnesota and was a sports fan. The convo went like this:
Her: "Oh, are you a Timberwolves fan then"
Me: "Yeah, unfortunately"
Her: "So you know Kevin Love"
Me: "Of course!"
Her: "Yeah, I'm from Portland and went to high school with the guy. He's kind of a bitch."
So there you have it Hoopusters. Kevin Love. He's a bitch.
On the subject of Flip Saunders:
- I think we all agree that Flip is a tool and our FO is likes nepotism like Cookie Monster likes cookies, but Flip has never been a BAD coach. He may not be the best but he's not bad.
- The epic crony-ism in our assistant coaches, sadly hilarious, comes with one caveat for the longtime Wolves fans. On the off chance that we turn our team around and actually push into the playoffs, we'll do so with guys who understand and felt all the pain that we've felt over the years. There would be some sweet vindication in that.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys can find some light in the darkness!