clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Vote? Yes You Can!!!


No matter what happens today, between Obama and Palin we'll have a baller in the White House. 


Of course, if this is what you're basing your vote on, we highly encourage you to stay home....unless you happen to be voting for our a swing state.  

Whatever your political stripe, get out there and vote. 

Here in Minnesota, you can find your polling place by clicking here.  Minnesota is one of the few states with same day registration, so even if you haven't registered yet, you can show up at the polls with a photo ID and your latest utility bill and still pull the lever.  Here is how you can register to vote on election day here in Minny:

Registering on Election Day

If you are not registered to vote or need to update your registration information, you may do so at your local polling location on Election Day.  However, you are required to provide proof of residence when registering on Election Day. 

To register at your polling place on Election Day, you must have one of the following with your current name and address in the precinct to verify your residence:

  • A valid Minnesota driver’s license, learner’s permit, Minnesota ID card, or receipt for any of these
  • A valid student ID card including your photo, if your college has provided a student housing list to election officials
  • A Tribal ID card that contains your picture and signature 
  • A valid registration in the same precinct under a different name or address 
  • A notice of late registration sent to you by your county auditor or city clerk
  • A voter registered in the same precinct as you who can confirm your address with a signed oath
  • An employee of the residential facility where you live who can confirm your address with a signed oath

Alternatively, you may provide both 1) a photo ID from the list below, and 2) a current bill with your current name and address in the precinct.

 Photo IDs (may be expired)    Bills (delivered electronically or by mail)
  • Minnesota Driver's License
  • Minnesota ID Card
  • United States Passport
  • United States Military ID Card
  • Tribal ID Card
  • Minnesota University, College, or Technical College ID Card

  • Utility bill due within 30 days of election day:
    • Telephone (landline, cell, VOIP, etc.) 
    • TV (cable, satellite, etc.)
    • Internet services
    • Electric
    • Gas
    • Solid Waste
    • Sewer Services
    • Water 
  • Rent statement dated within 30 days of election day that itemizes utilities
  • Current student fee statement

Get out there and do it.  Here in Minnesota you have no excuse not to.