The most entertaining sports night of the year is here. Let the festivities begin.
- 6:34- First big rumor: Harden with the 3rd pick.
- 6:38- 2 potential Wolves coaches on the ESPN broadcast crew: Marc Jackson and JVG; Stuart Scott is not under consideration
6:39- Blake Griffin goes with the 1st pick. Do the Clips have purple in their unis? Come on man, you're a millionaire who knows where he's going. Coordinate with the team colors big fella. Clips now have as many power forwards as the Wolves.
- 6:46- Memphis takes Hasheem Thabeet. Jim Peterson immediately tries to copyright the term Ivory Tower before Marc Gasol can get a hold of it. The biggest pick of the draft is now on the clock. Here we go.
6:51- OKC takes James Harden!!! Come on SacTown, you know you want Evans!! BTW: Nice bow-tie.
6:56- Sacramento takes Tyreke Evans...HOLY S%$T!!! RUUUUUUUBBBBIIIIOOOOOO!!!!!! Double-whammy for SacTown: Rashad McCants listed as a "key reserve".
7:04- Minnesota takes Ricky Rubio!!!! This is unbelievable. This is completely amazing. You can't trade the kid after he put the hat on....the shiny new black Wolves hat. No more Foye/Roy, no more Allen/Steph, this kid is staying and holy crap, they got him....with 3 picks to go.
- 7:07- "I'm Ricky Rubio. I'm not like anyone else."
- 7:08- David Kahn just traded Mike Miller and Randy Foye for Ricky Rubio. Will MSG go nuts if Wolves take Curry?
- 7:10- Wow. Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio? Can you have both players on the team at the same time? Wow. I don't know what to say about this one. Is someone going to get traded?
7:16- GSW becomes public enemy number one at MSG by picking Stephen Curry. Kevin Love Tweets about Jonny Flynn here. Knicks up next. Have the Wolves worked out a deal with the Knickerbockers? We shall see.
- 7:22- Knicks take Jordan Hill. Surely the Wolves won't trade for Hill. Remember that a trade cannot be announced until after the 2nd pick is made.
- 7:27- Kevin Love on Jordan Hill: jordan hill???? what???? haha
- 7:28- Did the Raptors just draft Demar DeRozan for the Wolves?
- 7:30- From Zgoda: "Wolves' vision is to play Flynn/Rubio together like Pistons did Dumars/Isiah or Celts did DJ/Ainge. #timberwolves"
- 7:33-Jennings to the Bucks. What does that mean for Ramon Sessions?
- 7:38-Nets take Terrence Williams. I like him, but Pitino's kids never seem to pan out as much as they're expected to.
- 7:45-The Charlotte Jordans select Gerald Henderson. Love that ACC.