Last year during the sloooooowwwwww month of August I wrote a post entitled If I Ruled the World, which threw out five things I would change about the game and the league. Since we really don't have a lot to talk about for...oh, about another month or so, and since I haven't been able to spend more than 20 minutes at a time in front of my computer for the last 2-3 weeks (and I'm in for another 2-3 weeks of being run ragged), I thought it would be a good idea to toss out an open thread where we all could talk/argue about what needs to be changed about the game we love to watch. My wishes still remain:
- Shorten the season and focus more on Division play and set days on which games are played.
- Revamp post-season play (3 week pool play leading to a final four).
- Allow complete coordination between NBA clubs and 2 college clubs of their choice.
- Standardize the rules and dimensions of the game.
- A true world championship.
The only other thing I would think about adding is increasing the diameter of the hoop by one inch. Seriously. It's the best way to increase scoring and open up the lane.
What say you?