Two wins in a row. It's a strange feeling. Plenty of things went in the Wolves' favor tonight:
- The ball was going in the basket: 50% from the field, 42% from downtown, 80% from the charity stripe. After struggling with the long ball and free throws for much of the season, tonight was a welcome deviation.
- Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions combined for 5/15 from the field, but ran the point to the tune of 17 assists and 3 turnovers.
- Kevin Love dropped a career-high 25 points from all over the floor; 2/5 from 3-point land, 5/6 on free throws, and the usual bevy of put backs. Love also led the Wolves with almost 32 minutes.
- While he struggled early, Al Jefferson (22 points, 11 rebounds) looked back to his old self in the second half and decimated what little post defense the Knicks have.
- Ryan Hollins had his second consecutive double-digit game after getting another nod to start.
- My favorite by far: Wilkins +34, Sessions +28, Ellington and Love +22, Hollins +20. That's ridiculous. I can't wait to see the game flow for this one.
What'd you like? Too rosy a picture of tonight? If so, don't tell me until tomorrow. Let me savor tonight.