Sorry. I'm a late riser on Saturdays.
Anyhow, updates are below the fold:
- Mark Remme of Timberwolves.com took a look at the NBA Awards this season and where the Wolves fit in by comparison (and yes, he mentioned David Kahn finishing 10th).
- Mike Bass talks about ineptitude in Minnesota professional sports, but only briefly mentions the Lynx, and doesn't mention the Swarm or the Minnesota Stars FC. (Thanks to TMiss for the find)
Around the NBA
- Did Tim Duncan fail to live up to the responsibility of being a superstar?
- Bill Simmons of Grantland.com has weighed in on the playoffs.
- Myles Brown has a fascinating interview with Jimmy Goldstein in the latest GQ.
- Pau Gasol was awarded the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for his work with UNICEF and children's hospitals.
- The guys at Draft Express talk about scouting draft-eligible international prospects in Part One and Part Two.
NBA Playoff Recap
- Philadelphia outscored Boston 61-37 in the second half and ended up winning Game 4 at home, 92-83. The series is now tied at 2-2.
- Jrue Holiday had this nice play as the Sixers' comeback attempt was beginning.
- The Lakers were 41-of-42 from the foul line - including 18-of-18 for Kobe Bryant - and Los Angeles squeaked by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 99-96. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook combined for 52 points in the loss.
- Metta World Peace and Russell Westbrook had some words.