Today's updates below the fold:
- The Minnesota Lynx had a 21-5 run spanning the first and second quarters, and defeated the Seattle Storm 84-71. Maya Moore led the way with 19 points, and Monica Wright and Devereaux Peters added a combined 21 points off of the bench. The Lynx are now 4-0 on the season.
- Roman Augustoviz takes a look at first-round pick Devereaux Peters.
- For some reason, the Minnesota Lynx are only ranked 3rd in John Hollinger's WNBA Power Rankings.
Around the NBA
- The New York Knicks decided to keep Mike Woodson as head coach and signed him to a multi-year contract.
- The Philadelphia 76ers are planning to extend head coach Doug Collins.
- You think Wesley Johnson was bad at getting to the free throw line? Josh Childress set the record for most minutes played without hitting a single free-throw. Childress played 491 minutes in 34 games, and was 0-2 from the line, with his lone attempts coming in February against New Orleans.
- Stan Van Gundy said that he is looking to take next year off.
NBA Playoff Recap
- The Miami Heat, aside from allowing 35 points in the 2nd quarter, were in control for much of Game 1 against the Boston Celtics. The Heat win 93-79. Kevin Garnett played well for Boston, scored 23 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. LeBron had 32 points and 13 rebounds, while Dwyane Wade chipped in 22 points and 7 assists.
- Chris Bosh had a light workout before Game 1, but there is still no time table for his return.
- Luc Richard Mbah a Moute of the Milwaukee Bucks breaks down Heat-Celtics and Spurs-Thunder.
- On Sunday night, the San Antonio Spurs edged the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, 101-98. Manu Ginobili scored 26 points on 14 shots to lead the Spurs, while Kevin Durant's 27 led the Thunder.
- Gregg Popovich was a little embarrassed about telling his team he wanted some "nasty" from them during Game 1.
- Tim Duncan declared that he's a Spur for life. "Though I shouldn't say that; I have to threaten them that I'll leave," Duncan joked. "No ... I'm not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I'm here and I'm a Spur for life."