Today's updates below the fold.
- Pek gets 3rd place in MIP voting (PiPress)
- Lynx waive Tavelyn James, Jasmine Lee, and Kayla Standish to get roster down to 14 players (Sports Page Mag).
- Tavelyn James enjoys challenge of trying to make Lynx roster (team site)
- Column: Winning makes Maya Moore hungrier (Tom Powers at the PiPress)
Around SB Nation
- The Daily Norseman has a big day
- Donte Green's future with the Kings is not secure (Sactown Royalty)
- Blazer's Edge asks if Portland fans would accept Carmelo Anthony on their team (Blazer's Edge)
- Ersan Ilyasova: How a good thing becomes a problem (Brew Hoop)
- A look at Jared Dudley (Bright Side of the Sun)
Playoff results and happenings
- Lakers take a 3-1 lead over the Nuggets behind the effort of Steve Blake
- Kobe hugs Blake....violently
- Pam McGee is in a better mood even though her son's team lost
- Meloball beats the Heat in a thriller to keep series alive
- Baron Davis dislocates his knee in the victory
- Boston destroys Atlanta to take a 3-1 series lead
- Mitt Romney is impressed with Rajon Rondo
- Hawes and Holiday carry the Sixers to a 3-1 series lead over the depleted Bulls. (Will the Bulls front office hand out injury reports at the season ending press conference?)
- Meloball under fire (Punch Drunk Wolves)
- Stadium economics (Freakonomics)
- Yea or Nay day for stadium (MinnPost)
- Field of Schemes Minnesota Vikings page (Field of Schemes)
- Save the Vikes (Savethevikes.org)
- The Deets
- Legislative district finder for Minnesota
Big day for pro sports in Minnesota today. Will the stadium grift continue? If it does, will a mismanaged professional basketball franchise ever see any money from the deal? If the deal passes does this mean that the possibility of the Wolves and Wild sharing a single arena goes out the window forever? When can we start arguing about building a soccer stadium? What about a dedicated LaCrosse arena? How about a beer pong temple?
It should be an interesting day.