- After two games, the Wolves are first in the league in SRS. WE'RE NUMBER ONE!
- And 5th in the league in defensive rating (yay turnovers) and 10th in offensive rating.
- As previously reported, Ronny Turiaf has a fractured elbow from his fall against the Thunder. No timetable as of yet.
- Which means it's Gorgui Dieng time. Hopefully the rookie is ready to contribute, especially on defense which is his supposed strength.
- The Wolves have 30 more FTAs then their opponents. In two games.
Some quotes from the team after Friday's win:
"It was just great team defense. We went over the game plan tonight and we executed it. I think the main thing was not letting Durant get open shots. Everything contested with him. He's going to make shots. He's the best scorer in the NBA. I think as long as you get a hand in his face and you play good defense and make him work, you're going to be pretty successful. Tonight it was just one of those nights where we played great defense." -Derrick Williams
"My teammates and the coaches, everyone has been trying to make me take some of those. I've been working this summer on those. I'll try to take some, at least one a game." -Nikola Pekovic on his jump shot
"Corey played great. I thought a lot of guys helped him out, but as far as intensity and getting through screens and knocking guys off and making Durant shoot the shots that we want him to shoot, I thought he did a really tremendous job." -Kevin Love on Corey Brewer's defense
The Wolves are back in action tomorrow against the Knicks, and of course We'll have plenty on that. In the meantime, there are eight games on the NBA slate tonight. Here they are (all times Central):
Spurs at Blazers 9:00 pm
I think I'll take a look at the undefeated Sixers tonight. What will you be watching?
My son loves the new Dessa song:
A lot different from her rap stuff, but also excellent, I think.