32 more games. Then, relief. Tonight's opponent will be gate security (from a team press release):
Minneapolis/St. Paul – As part of the NBA’s ongoing efforts to increase fan safety and security, the Minnesota Timberwolves will begin increased security screening with the use of handheld metal detectors for all fans entering Target Center to all remaining games during the 2012-13 NBA season. This additional security procedure will begin with tonight’s game betweenthe Wolves and Philadelphia 76ers.
The Timberwolves are encouraging fans to:
· Arrive at Target Center early.
· Allow extra time for entrance to the arena.
· Cooperate with security personnel.
· Be patient while fans and security staff adjust to the new process.
· Be aware of those lines that are shorter or moving faster and be sure to take advantage of them.
· Have purses and coats open and ready for inspection prior to arriving at security check points.
· Remember that outside food and beverages are not allowed.
· Remember that prohibited items include: firearms, knives, other weapons/self defense items (i.e. mace).
The Wolves are asking media members to assist in alerting fans to this safer process.
I'm going to pretend that this is the league's response to Lil Wayne pretending (?) to have a gun in Miami.
Also, as if sub-zero wind chills, expensive parking, and losing basketball aren't already enough, COME ON DOWN to the Target Center to watch the thrilling matchup between the underperforming Philadelphia Seventy Sixers and the horribly injured Minnesota Timberwolves!!!
Meanwhile, the trade deadline looms. Will the Wolves make a move? Will they pick up another Russian? Will they manage to nab a decent shooting guard? Will they stand pat and wait until the offseason? Whatever the case, somebody will probably blow out a knee.
32 more games.
(As always, no pics, gifs, or links to illegal feeds. Our blogging buddies for the evening are over at Liberty Ballers. Be excellent to one another and NOT IN THE FACE!!!)