Hi all. I lost my internet access at halftime, and just got it back. Hence: no 2nd half thread (my apologies), and not much of a recap since I actually only saw half the game.
Though probably I only needed to see half, as the Wolves once again built a big lead and were never threatened. It wasn't as out of hand as Saturday was, but I don't think the Jazz ever got within 10 after halftime.
I'll just do a few quick notes:
- Really thought Rubio looked sharp again tonight at both ends. Forced turnovers and really ran some good offense, as the 13 total assists testify to.
- The Jazz bigs can't handle Pek. That much seems clear.
- 31 assists on 41 made baskets. Love with 8 to compliment Rubio. Really thought the Wolves were moving well without the ball in the first half.
- Is that how Chase Budinger's shot has always looked? He seems to have a big hitch that I don't recall.
- The Wolves finish the first half at 20-21.
- Corey Brewer had a good night with 19 points on 7-11 from the field.
- 8 total turnovers for the game, plus 22-24 from the line. Wolves!
- Alexey Shved got his nose hammered in the first half (no call), and left the floor bleeding pretty heavily. Don't think he returned.