It was a quiet day in Timberwolves yesterday, as the team returned from Indiana following their pre-season opener. They are back to practice with the Sixers coming to town on Friday, after which they will have a week before their next game.
The Sixers played last night and beat the Charlotte Hornets, notable because:
- Nerlens Noel made his long-awaited debut and went for 10 and 9 and 3 blocks in 31 minutes, and
- Alexey Shved! He came off the bench for 11, 4, and 3. I'll always have a soft spot for Shved.
- Jabari Parker went for 14 and 8 in 32 minutes but it took him 15 shots to get there in the Bucks win against the Grizzlies.
- Jordan Adams only made 1 of 6 shots in his 17 minutes, but picked up 4 steals and 3 assists.
- Marcus Smart had a nice outing for the Celtics, going for 11 points (4-8) and 6 assists in 24 minutes.
1192: Richard the Lion Heart leaves Jerusalem
1290: Last of 16,000 Jews expelled from England by Edward I leaves the country
1701: Yale University chartered
1855: Isaac Singer patents sewing machine motor
1888: Washington Monument opens to public
1962: Uganda becomes independent (from UK)
1974: Bussing riots in Boston