Good morning, and welcome to the couch. Short one today. Even though the NBA has swung back into gear with media days and the start of training camp, there are only so many things one can write about training camp. Let's dig in!
- We've already had our first sad injury of the year, but in good news, it should result in minimal time missed. Derrick Rose will return to basketball related activities in two weeks and could play on opening night after the surgery on his face was successful.
- The Wizards got new alternate uniforms, and the reaction on my Twitter timeline was largely negative. You can see them here. They are definitely interesting.
- The Wolves got to be on TV on their first day of training camp on Tuesday, and the endless replays will continue throughout the week. Your next opportunity to prove to yourself that the Wolves are practicing defense comes at noon today on NBATV.
- Sure, it's the second day of camp, but of course we're already looking for the players to watch. The AP's stellar Jon Krawczynski has that. Toss out as meaningless if you want, but there it is.
Tayshaun Prince said it was hard to say anyone really stood out in 1st 2 days, but did say Zach LaVine has been impressive.— Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) October 1, 2015
- Mike Miller cleared waivers, and has already joined the Denver Nuggets in camp and signed a one-year deal. He will likely be the Nuggets' veteran leadership, not playing very much guy. Sound familiar? Denver Stiffs, our excellent sister site, reviews here.
- Best thing that happened at an NBA training camp yesterday? Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov came to Nets practice and did ridiculous things. This article from Tim Bontemps at the New York Post has many of the best bits. All I needed to see was an Instagram video captioned "Prokhorov doing pushups on a basketball with a stick".
- Non-NBA tidbit: the League of Legends World Championships start today, and the mothership has you covered with information. Here's how to watch, and here's the complete schedule.
Song of the day is related, as it's the Worlds anthem for the year. I liked last year's by Imagine Dragons better, but this is still pretty sweet. Happy Thursday, all.