The 2015-16 NBA schedule has been released, and the Wolves are, in fact, on it.
The season begins on October 27th with a TNT double-header: Bulls vs. Cavaliers and Warriors vs. Pelicans.
The Wolves open the following night in Los Angeles against the Lakers. A rare road opener for the Wolves, and a rare national television game--part of an ESPN double-header. Two nights later they play in Denver, followed by their home opener on November 2nd vs. the Blazers.
- Longest road trip is 4 games, which happens twice: end of January/beginning February, then again in mid-March.
- Also have two 4 game home stands.
- Only play the Warriors three times, twice at home.
- The 4 game road trip in mid-March is rough: Thunder, Suns, Grizzlies, Rockets, and it's bookended by home games vs. Spurs before the trip and Warriors right after. Toughest 6 game stretch of the season.
- Not a brutal first month--some tough games obviously, but they need to get off to a decent start. Bunch of Eastern Conference teams early, and they finish with both Miami and Atlanta before the end of November.
- I count 13 back to backs, which is less than previous years. How it compares to the rest of the league I don't know.
- Season ends with two home games vs. Rockets and Pelicans, with April 13th being the final date on regular season schedule.
- It's a schedule. More to come.
NBA's 2015 Christmas Day Schedule Game 1: NOP vs. MIA Game 2: CHI vs. OKC Game 3: CLE vs. GSW Game 4: SAS vs. HOU Game 5: LAC vs. LAL— Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) August 12, 2015