Good morning, and welcome to Therapy. Quick news and notes for your morning.
- After their disappointing opening loss to Argentina on Tuesday, team Timberwolves North (aka team Canada) had some frustration to get off their collective chest. They did so by completely
amelioratingdefenestrating Cuba, 101-59. Andrew Wiggins had 15 points and 6 rebounds, while Anthony Bennett had 9 and 4.
- They continue today against Venezuela, who (alongside Argentina) remain undefeated in group play with wins over Puerto Rico and Cuba. A win will be important for progression. The game's at 6:00pm tonight, still on ESPN3.
- The Lynx are prepping for their final homestand of the regular season with games on Friday, Sunday and Tuesday at Target Center. With a 2.5 game lead in the conference over Phoenix, wins to lock up home court advantage in the conference would be great. Sunday's clash against the New York Liberty (the only team with a better record than the Lynx) is a potential Finals preview (and I'll be there!).
- In NBA news, JR Smith finally re-signed with the Cavaliers yesterday. Now they wait only to see where the Tristan Thompson ride runs to.
- Lastly, music, and since it's my first post of September and the NBA's still not back, I must do the cheesy thing. Have a good one!