Happy Saturday everyone. Thought it was time for a new thread.
- There are rumors that the Wolves will have a fifth jersey option this season—a “classic” jersey from their past. NBA uniform guru Conrad Burry suggests it might be something like this:
I was never a particular fan of that look, but it does bring back some good (Garnett) memories.
- Kevin Pelton has published his 2018-18 RPM-based win projections. It’s an insider piece of course, but he pegs the Wolves for 49.6 wins and fifth in the conference. This is a projection based on the Wolves having better health this season from Jimmy Butler, so cross your fingers.
- The NBA Africa Game takes place today at 10:00 am Central on ESPN2. Unlike last year, Gorgui Dieng is not participating this season, but a lot of big NBA names will be out there for both the Africa team and the World team.
Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 4, 2018
This comes as LeBron James merely opens a brand new public school in his hometown, funded by James but a part of the Akron Public School system.
- As Neil has written in his recaps of the last two games, the Lynx are in a bit of trouble. Looking good heading into the All-Star break, they have lost two straight on the road to quality teams coming out of it, dropping down to 7th in the table. They look a clear level below the best teams this season.
- MNUFC host the Seattle Sounders tonight. Come On You Loons!