What stood out from the Minnesota Timberwolves preseason opener? On today’s pod, I dig into the bizarre experience of covering a game in an empty Target Center, while also going down memory lane — back to Ricky Rubio’s first ever preseason game back in 2011.
- Jake Layman starting, and thriving, as the starting power forward. And why his role may be different come the regular season.
- How the D’Angelo Russell and Ricky Rubio backcourt functioned when they shared the floor.
- Jarrett Culver’s impressive performance on defense. And why sound point-of-attack defense is Culver’s path to meaningful minutes this season.
- Just getting to watch Karl-Anthony Towns play again.
- In the absence of Jordan McLaughlin, Jaylen Nowell taking the third point guard minutes and running with them. Plus wondering if Anthony Edwards will get lead ball-handler minutes this season.