On today’s episode, Chris Hine of The Star Tribune joins the podcast to discuss the first week of Minnesota Timberwolves training camp media availability.
- D’Angelo Russell’s first media appearance since the league shutdown.
- Reasons for optimism and skepticism in regards to the Russell and Ricky Rubio backcourt tandem.
- Comparing Chris’s experience covering Patrick Kane’s legal issues when he was on the Chicago Blackhawks beat to the current Malik Beasley situation.
- The importance of “glue guy” personalities on this Timberwolves roster, like Juancho Hernangomez.
- The challenge and opportunity that Ryan Saunders has with the Timberwolves 2020-21 roster.
(If you can’t access the Spotify player, click here to listen to the latest episode.)
If you’re looking for additional training camp conversations, Jon Krawczynski joined the show on Tuesday to discuss Ricky Rubio and the Timberwolves offseason decision tree. And on Wednesday, Jace Frederick joined to discuss the potential roles of the newly acquired Rubio and Ed Davis, along with where the Timberwolves might fit into the Western Conference landscape.