Britt Robson of The Athletic joins today’s episode to discuss the current state of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Would a Gersson Rosas-led front office ever make the move Brooklyn did to acquire James Harden? We dig into the first real crossroads Rosas’ Wolves have hit in the first season where cultivating a sustainable winner is actually about winning games. Topics today include:
- The James Harden Trade, and the idea of “going for a ring” versus building a “sustainable winner”. What path would Gersson Rosas take?
- Karl-Anthony Towns’ ascension — as both a defender and leader
- The roster construction conundrum. What is the best way to optimize this roster?
- Britt’s prediction of the Ricky Rubio and D’Angelo Russell pairing not working coming to fruition.
- Where does blame for the 3-8 start fall? Ryan Saunders? Gersson Rosas? The players?