The Minnesota Timberwolves played their eighth game of the season without Karl-Anthony Towns on Monday in Atlanta and lost for the seventh time in eight tries. On today’s pod we get into why this loss was somewhere between the six-game losing streak and the one KAT-less win against San Antonio.
Additional topics today include:
- Jarred Vanderbilt making it clear he is the best power forward option on the roster. And what Vanderbilt allows the Timberwolves to do in pick and roll coverage. The Vanderbilt-Josh Okogie tandem.
- How Jarrett Culver has not become a reliable place to look for production when the roster is not at full-strength.
- Comparing Culver to De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish. Where would Culver go in a 2019 re-draft?
- The JMacs both play. How Jaden McDaniels and Jordan McLaughlin were the Juancho Hernangomez and Ricky Rubio replacements.
- Playing big-game roulette with Anthony Edwards